Understanding the Digital Transformation of Marketing
Things certainly aren't the same anymore when it comes to business. In fact, the current business world is characterized by a whole lot of advancement. The credit certainly goes to the great Digital Marketing for having created such a huge transformation in the business outlook today. Twenty years back from now, things weren't this advanced with business, nothing more than a one to one - buy and sell activity. It's not that the concept of Digital Marketing is a new development. It existed since the mid 20s. However, no one cared to comprehend its meaning back then. Perhaps, business men assumed it to be pretty complex and subsequently, shied away from knowing the kind of power it stored and could possibly unleash in optimizing businesses. Subsequently, business had been continually run in the same old format for years until the conventional marketing massively failed to create a mark.
How powerful is Digital Marketing?
Door to door sales pitching, brochure based promotion, advertisements on radio and TV, etc didn't just offer the kind of optimization that businesses needed at one point of time and it certainly needed something more than that. Thanks to the Digital Marketing experts who didn't give up despite being underestimated and overlooked over and over again. With the advent of Digital Marketing, the first huge thing that happened to business was "going online." Surprisingly, the difference was felt pretty soon with a sudden elevation in sales. Pretty soon, the conventional businesses were fast turning in to ecommerce portal but what about the competition? With multiple vendors for every single commodity from all over the world, the competition level is literally touching the skies these days but there's absolutely no reason to worry as long as business has Digital Marketing for its rescue. SEO, SMM, Email marketing, etc are some of the incredible forms of Digital Marketing that have proved to be massively effective over the past few years.
The role of SEO in Digital Marketing
SEO or the Search Engine Optimization is one of the most powerful ways of Digital Marketing. In fact, with SEO, business can achieve massive optimization in the quickest possible time. Basically, what SEO does is directing the search engine traffic to a website and this eventually, increases the possibilities of better sales and ROI.
Types of Traffic
Organic-Traffic : Organic Traffic is that part of the total traffic which is not paid for unlike in paid ads and they usually reach out a website out of their searches and the relevant search results displayed on the various search engines as Google, Bing or Yahoo. This is certainly what most of the websites strives to obtain.
Paid-Traffic : Paid Traffic is that part of the total traffic which is paid for like pay per click advertising or paid ads on Facebook or Twitter.
Classification of SEO services
SEO services can be broadly classified in to two categories namely On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
- Keyword Research - Keywords are mainly of two types; i) long tail keywords ii) short tail keywords. It is usually done keeping in mind the aspects of monthly search value and suggested bid value.
- Content Development - The more relevant the content is, the faster it is to rank it on the SERPs. The keywords are incorporated in the content in the most appropriate way, maintaining a keyword density of not more than 3%.
- Meta Description and customized URL - Keywords can be wisely used in the Meta description and the permalink can be customized as well using the right keywords to make it more searchable.
- Page Interlinking - With a proper page interlinking, the visitors can be engaged to a massive extent.
- Site Map Submission - It is useful for getting the site content indexed by search engines.
- Image SEO - Image in itself can be pretty effective to pulling the attraction of the traffic. Image can be optimized to a large extent using alt text and by appropriately naming it. Also, compressing the size of the image to a certain extent could be pretty helpful in terms of page loading speed.
- Back Linking - Traffic can be directed from other similar websites or blogs as well by commenting on those platforms with one's website link.
- Directory Submissions - Posting the website's URL or the post's URL on several directory submission websites can massively optimize things for one's website.
- Social Media Sharing - Sharing the posts on various social media platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ or Tumblr, etc can be highly effective in increasing the page views.
The Significance of ethical SEO has been proved to a large extent so far. So, help your business capitalize on the benefits of SEO to have an exceptional optimization to be least bothered by any level of competition.